HERO BX PA
HERO BX Erie1670 East Lake RoadErie, PA 16511
- Nameplate annual production capacity 45M gallons
- Storage tank capacity: 2.75M feedstock and 3.25M biodiesel
- Site Acres: 13
- Plant is located on the CSX Rail
- 3 bays for biodiesel truck loading, 1 bay for chemical truck receiving
- Fleet of 245 railcars for biodiesel distribution and raw material receipt
Shawn Triscuit - Director Sales
- Responsible for generating biodiesel sales, maintaining existing customer relationships and developing a new customer base, while monitoring changing supply and demand trends, economic indicators, and market competition.
- Analyze market trends to develop a strategy for forecasting and projecting expected sales volumes.
- With over 8 years in the biodiesel business, Shawn began his career with HERO BX as a Lead Operations Technician, working through the initial startup of the biodiesel plant and then managing the daily operations of the plant. After becoming familiar with the technical operations of the biodiesel process, he was promoted to a Sales position, eventually becoming the Sales Manager for HERO BX.
- Shawn holds degrees in Mechanical Engineering Technology and Operations Management from The Pennsylvania State University.
- Shawn was born and raised in Northwest Pennsylvania on a 200 head dairy farm. After college he returned home to manage the 4th generation family farm for 10 years.
- Prior to HERO BX, Shawn was employed with Bush Industries in Erie, PA, where he held several supervisory positions including Applications Technician, where he was responsible for the programming of a robotic-spray finish line and the management of the applied coatings
Joe Falk - Director Supply Chain Management
- Responsible for establishing standard production rates and improving efficiencies throughout the biodiesel process, while managing projects to meet business goals.
- Drives plant improvements and helps with daily production.
- Assists with maintaining compliance with the Safety PSM programs as they relate to plant operations.
- With 5 years of experience improving safety, quality, profitability and process within the food and beverage manufacturing industry working for PepsiCo Gatorade division.
- Received Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Penn State University in 2007.
Ben Clement - Production Manager
- Ben has been with HERO BX since May of 2007, starting out as a Lead Technician while the plant was under construction. He led his crew through the start-up phase until he was promoted to Operation Superintendent in January 2013Responsible for the two processes that make up the Bio-Diesel production, Pretreatment and Transesterification.
- Directly involved in daily production and working with Hero BX personnel to maximize output while maintaining strict Quality guidelines.
- Former experience includes 5 years in the United States Navy Seabee’s, a Construction Battalion and 30 years working for the GAF Corporation as an Asphalt Refining Operator, Shipper/Receiver, Shipping/Receiving Manager and Warehouse Manager.